Friday, January 18, 2008

First step towards Harry Potter novels~

After a few weeks disappearing from here, Kai Wei is back! Haha.. Pai seh ar everyone, I started my Petrosains Volunteers Orientation Program followed by few days of on job training. Today was my 3rd day of on job training. Very tired after this past few days of standing and walking and talking and learning during my training. Huuu... Finally, the 'thousand gold' Miss Lee Kai Wei knew the feeling of working. Salute to papa, mummy, uncles, aunties and gor gorS who are working hard out there! ^^ Despite the exhaustion I had, I actually get to learn quite a lot of things while being a volunteer at Petrosains. First, I have to understand all the science concepts and facts that lay behind the exhibits there before I can explain them to the visitors. Then, I have to train myself on reading facial expression or body languages from the visitors. Imagine there is a visitor wandering around an exhibit, clicking all the buttons in the wrong way, and when I go to him/her to offer help, he/she just look at me, smile, and continue pressing the buttons in the wrong way, thinking that it's the machine problem that the exhibit didn't works. Sweat~ Hmmm.... Sounds a bit tough right? Hehe... I bet the key point here is~experience! Other than that, an affable smile is always compulsory when there are visitors in our station. (which then turn out to be a BIT tired on my cheeks every time after work)

This few months on the beginning of the year is quite a dull period in Petrosains. Not a lot of visitors. Mostly foreigners. Oh, and I actually found myself enjoy talking with foreigners especially those from Western countries. Canada, UK, US... Their English...excellent! Haha... And I also was impressed with something I saw on foreigners visitors who came with family. Even how young their child is, English parents would have 101% of patience to explain to their child about the Science concepts, how it works, and why it happened to be like what happened. They don't lost their patience when their children don't understand them. Even when the time left was limited and there was still a lot more stations beyond them, they won't urge their child to stop playing and move to the next station fast. When their children did wrong in dealing with the exhibits there, they won't admonish and correct them immediately but give encouragements for them to keep on trying to get the final result. That's good right? Hehe..

That's all from me about my working at Petrosains. No photos yet. Will upload some when I got chance to take photos during my work. Haha. See ya!

Kai Wei =)


No comments: